There are a number of options for tradies wanting to lend their skills to the flood recovery effort, and support is available for those who have been impacted… Ex-tropical cyclone Debbie has wrought destruction across Queensland and the north coast of NSW. Thousands of residents have been forced to flee their homes, lives have been lost, businesses ruined and the recovery bill is expected to cost billions of dollars. There could still be more to come, with people in Rockhampton preparing for a potentially record-breaking flood that’s forecast for this week. As flood waters recede in other areas, residents are being confronted by widespread chaos and a massive clean-up effort is underway. Are you a licensed tradesperson who wants to make homes and buildings safe again? You can register with the QBCC Building and Tradie Assistance Register by emailing or calling 139 333. You will need to provide the following information: – Full Name or Company Name held on your licence – Licence origin address (e.g. which town are you licensed in) – Licence No.Trade/profession (e.g. plumber, electrician, builder low rise, painter, etc) – Areas where you are willing to travel to assist – Phone Number – Availability (Start and Finish Date) You can also volunteer to assist the recovery effort by registering your details with Emergency Volunteering, or calling Volunteering Queensland on 1800 994 100 (free number). There’s no shortage of projects available, from fixing fences in regional areas to helping repair damaged buildings. Individuals and businesses can donate money to registered charities or donate items directly to those affected. Have you or your business been affected by the floods? If your small business has been impacted by the floods, you may be eligible for government support. This applies to those operating in the Whitsunday Regional Council and Mackay Regional Council areas. Individual and families can also apply for financial support to help with disaster recovery.